Drawing and painting course – restoration

Drawing and painting course (and understanding colours and modeling) for conservation and restoration of works of art will be held on Fridays, between 16.00 to 18.30, at UL ALUO, Department of Restoration,Tobačna 5, Ljubljana. It will start on Friday, 1 March 2024.




  • Drawing by model – the basics of traditional drawing techniques (pencil, charcoal), practical methods that help construct the drawing space, discussing the principles of constructing the art space in drawing still life, portrait, and figure in space (learning about spatial keys such as the law of perspective, harmonization of ratios and spatial plans, modelling).
  • Exercises on searching selected colour shades.
  • Exercises on copying a colour template.
  • Modelling the relief in clay by the plaster mould.




Enrolment and payment:

You can register for the course until the places are filled, or until Monday 19 February 2024 at the latest, exclusively via the online form at: https://forms.office.com/e/cidbDdubvE

You can attend more than one course if they are held on different dates; it is not possible to change between courses at a later date.

The price of each course is EUR 390 incl. VAT. Once we have received your registration form, we will send you an invoice by email, which must be paid in full no later than 7 days before the start of the course. You can pay it at any bank or post office in Slovenia or via e-banking. When paying the invoice, please quote the correct reference you will receive on your invoice.

You will receive information about the course three days before the start of the course.

In case of cancellation, which must be justified in writing and sent to our address at least 8 days before the start of the course, we will refund 70% of the tuition fee paid within 30 days of receipt of the cancellation, with the remaining amount (30%) retained for administrative costs or bank transaction costs. Subsequent cancellations are not taken into account.

If you attend at least 80% of the scheduled hours of your chosen course, you will receive a certificate of attendance from the Academy of Fine Arts and Design of the University of Ljubljana (UL ALUO) at the end of the course.


Additional information: projektna.pisarna@aluo.uni-lj.si

Course leader: Tch. Asst. Gregor Kokalj.

Date and location: Fridays at 16.00; Tobačna ulica 5.
Duration: 3 school hours each time, 13 times (until 31 May 2024), a total of 39 school hours.
Price: 390 €
Materials: basic materials are provided at the course.