Prof. Eduard Čehovin
Prof. Eduard Čehovin graduated from the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, the Department for Graphic Design, Graphic Communication and Typographies.
He teaches the elective subjects of interactive design, kinetic typography and graphic design at the Department for Design at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Ljubljana.
Member of the Committee for Academic Affairs
He lectures and writes articles on graphic design and is a member of many international juries in the field of design.
As a scholar of IREX – International Research and Exchanges Board, USA – he spent one year at the University of Buffalo and at Parsons School of Design in New York.
He won the most prestigious international awards, such as Type Directors Club (TDC), Art Directors Club Award (ADC), Good Design Awards, Graphis Annuals Awards in Design Quarterly (USA), and D&AD (UK).
His works were published in all major international graphic-design publications and books, such as Graphis Annuals, Communications Arts, Print, HOW, Visible Language, Typo Directors Club Annual, Art Directors Club Annual, Creative Quartely . USA; Linea Grafica – Italy; Novum – Gemrany; Etapes – France.
He exhibits in solo and group exhibitions in Slovenia and around the world, including Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Taiwan and the USA.
His works are included in the permanent collections of the International Trademark Centre in Zandhoven, Belgium; Museum of Applied Arts in Zagreb, Croatia, Les Silos – Maison du Livre et de l’Affiche – Contemporary Collection in Chaumont, France; Museum of Applied Arts in Belgrade, Serbia; MGLC – International Centre of Graphic Arts in Ljubljana, Slovenia; Museum of Design (Poster Collection) in Zurich, Switzerland; The Chicago Athenaeum in Chicago, USA and the private collection of Merrill C. Berman in Rye, USA.
Member of TDC (Type Directors Club), New York.
2014 – Winner, za plakat 92nd ADC and 11th YG exhibition, QUAD INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS, Kassel, Germany
2013 – Gold Award, za plakat THE RESISTIBLE RISER OF ARTURO UI, GRAPHIS POSTER ANNUAL 2013, New York, USA
2012 – Gold Award, za logotip INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE DESIGN, GRAPHIS LOGO DESIGN 8, New York, USA
2012 – Gold Award, za BILLBOARD FOR 10th SEASON, GRAPHIS POSTER ANNUAL 2012, New York, USa
2008 – Good Design Award 2008, za časopis DVA (TWO) MAGAZINE, THE CHICAGO ATHENAEUM – Museum of Architecture and Design, Chicago, USA
- 2013 – Eduard Čehovin, Kinetic Zebra, Novum+, Outdoor, NOVUM, 07.13; Marta Almeida; Magazine Verlag GmbH, Munchen, no. 42 (review)
- 2012 – Functional, Constructivist, NEW MODERNIST TYPE; Steve Heller and Gail Anderson; Thames & Hudson, London, UK; no. 23, 77
- 2011 – Slovenia, Best in Europe & Africa, GRAPHIS POSTER ANNUAL 2014, B. Martin Pedersen; Graphis, New York, USA; st. 197 (Knjiga)
- 2111 – Theater, Resistible rise of Arturo Ui, GRAPHIS POSTER ANNUAL 2013, by B. Martin Pedersen; Graphis, New York, USA; p. 227-228 (Knjiga)
- 2008 – Editorial, GRAPHIS DESIGN ANNUAL 2009 by B. Martin Pedersen; Graphis, New York, USA; p. 101 (Knjiga)
- 2014 – MANDELA POSTER PROJECTS, National Museum of Contemporary History, Ljubljana, Slovenia (skupinska)
- 2104 – 1ST ASIAN INVITATIONAL GRAPHIC DESIGN EXHIBITION, Daejeon Linli Museum of Art, Daejeon, South Korea (skupinska)
- 2012 – Artistic ZEBRA/ Street Art Project; Front of Museum of Contemporary Arts, Novi Sad, Srbija (samostojna)
- 2010 – Hidden Heroes. The Genius of Everyday Things, Weil am Rhein, Nemčija (skupinska)
- 2009 – 80+80 PHOTO_graphisme, Pariz, Francija (skupinska)
- 2015 – Na tipografskem kongresu TYPOGRAPHIC DAY 2015 – TYPOGRAPHY, SENSITIVITY AND FINENESS je pod International Speakers sprejet in predstavljen projekt EUROPE 2020, Industrial Design Centre (IDC) na Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), India
- 2012 – Na tipografskem kongresu TYPOGRAPHIC DAY 2012 – TYPOGRAPHY AND PUBLICATION je pod International Speakers sprejet in predstavljen projekt Dva (Two) Magazine, Magazine for Visual Relations, Industrial Design Centre (IDC) na Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), India