Assoc. Prof. Lucija Močnik Ramovš
Assoc. Prof. Lucija Močnik Ramovš (MA), is professionally engaged in the conservation and restoration of paintings on canvas, with an emphasis on structural interventions and aesthetic presentation. She is a lecturer in the field of conservation-restoration of paintings at the first and second level of the university study program.
- 1999: completed her studies in restoration with Professor France Kokalj.
- 1996: graduated from UL ALUO with Professor Andrej Jemac.
She continued her studies at home and abroad.
Work experience and collaborations:
- 1999 – lecturer at ALUO, associate professor at UL ALUO since 2013.
- 2017– Dean of UL ALUO.
- 2013–2017: Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs.
In addition to her professional work, she is also involved in numerous working groups at the University of Ljubljana.
She cooperates professionally with many national institutions in the field of cultural heritage protection.
- 2020–: Chair of the Expert Commission for Immovable Cultural Heritage.
- 2013 – 2018: President of the ZVKDS working group for professional exams in the field of conservation-restoration and rapporteur for the Ministry of Culture and a member or examiner of the examination group for the conservation-restoration subfield of fine art heritage – easel painting at the Ministry of Culture.
She organised and conducted several professional training seminars in collaboration with the ZVKDS Restoration Centre with the aim of educating and improving conservators-restorers.
Awards and recognitions:
- 2008: Mirko Šubic Award for professional work – organising, leading and working on the conservation and restoration of the art material of Snežnik Castle.
References – restored works of art (selection):
- Conducting conservation and restoration interventions on two dioramas at the Natural History Museum of Slovenia in 2018 and 2019.
- Conservation and restoration works on paintings from the gallery collection of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, the National Gallery and the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Management and conservation-restoration of baroque paintings from the cycle Four Seasons (Allegory of Winter, Summer and Autumn) from the collection of ZRC SAZU, 2014-2017.
- Conservation-restoration of paintings and management of works on 11 paintings from the art collection of Strmol Castle, Cerklje na Gorenjskem, 2012.
- Conservation-restoration of paintings for the project The Fading of a Period, An Outline of Late Baroque Painting in Carniola (author: Ferdinand Šerbelj). Exhibition: National Gallery, Ljubljana, 2011
- Conducting conservation and restoration work on the interior of the Ortnek chapel, permanent installation of side altars in the National Gallery, 1999 to 2002.
- From gluing to minimal interventions. V: NEMEČEK, Nataša, (editor). Conservator-restorer: (20 years): summaries of the 2020 international expert meeting: National Gallery, 2020. Ljubljana: Slovenian Society for Conservation-Restoration: Community of Museums of Slovenia, 2020. p. 62-68.
- Aesthetic presentation of images – two steps forward, one back. V: NEMEČEK, Nataša, (editor). Conservator-restorer: summaries of the international professional meeting 2018, National Gallery, 2018 Ljubljana: Slovenian Society for Conservation-Restoration: Community of Museums of Slovenia, p. 24-27.
- MOČNIK RAMOVŠ, Lucija, GOSAR HIRCI, Barbka. 2016. Use of retouching colours based on resin binders: from theory into practice. V: RECH 3: Postprints 2015. Porto: Escola artística e profissional Árvore (43-52).