Prof. Boštjan Botas Kenda was born in 1963 in Ljubljana. He graduated from Publishing Design at Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan (Italy). After finishing his study, he participated in educational processes as a lecturer at various higher education institutions, including the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Ljubljana, where he was elected to the title of assistant professor in 2002. He received pedagogical andragogical education at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana. Since 1984, he has worked as an independent graphic designer and pedagogue until his full-time employment at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design of the University of Ljubljana in 2010, where he first worked as an assistant professor, as associate professor from 2012 to 30th June 2017, and as full professor since 1st July 2017. In 2013, he was appointed to the function of the Dean, which lasted until 30th September 2017.
In 1994 he founded studiobotas, practice of visual communications, especially graphic design in architecture, publishing graphics and exhibition design. In 2006, the monograph studiobotas isbn 961-238-649-8 was published, which was accompanied by a transparent exhibition at Cankarjev dom in Ljubljana entitled Nevidno oblikovanje (Invisible Design). In 2010, he represented Slovenia with the project All shades of green at the 12th Venice Biennale of Architecture. He has also received numerous awards for his works: in 1997, the Premio d’Arte Filatelica (Asiago); in 2009, the Best Slovenian Book Award (Ljubljana); in 2013, the Best of the Alpe Adria Awards (Venice); in 2015, the ADI Compasso d’Oro Award – Design for Food and Nutrition (Milano); and in 2017, the Zlati svinčnik (the Golden Pencil) (Ljubljana).
Prof. Boštjan Botas Kenda was elected the Vice-rector of the University of Ljubljana for the field of artwork for the term from 1st October 2017 to 30th September 2021.
- Zakladi Slovenije, Cankarjeva založba, 2009
- Nordijski park Planica/Vlada RS/Abiro in AKKA/ natečaj 2009 prva nagrada
- www.mladina.si / spletni portal časopisa Mladina, 2011
- www.centres-eu.org / spletni portal/British Council, 2012
- Vinske etikete IAQUIN/Elza Jakončič, 2009–2014
- spominski 2-evrski kovanec izdan ob 600. obletnici kronanja Barbare Celjske, Banka Slovenije, 2014
- Fundacija Brumen Gostosevci in Zavod Federacija, 2009
- Najlepša slovenska knjiga Zakladi Slovenije in Knjiga, 2009
- Mangiar’ Bene Premio Alpe Adria, najboljša etiketa Iaquin 2013 razstave
- Vsi odtenki zelene, 12th Biennale di Venezia, Mostra di Architettura, Slovenski pavilion, Galleria A+A, Benetke, 2010
- Jeste li mislili studiobotas? samostojna razstava, Galerija ULUPUH, Zagreb, 2011