Tanja Pak completed her Master’s degree at the Royal College of Art in London in 1996 after she had graduated at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana; here she has been the Head of the Programme for Glass and Ceramics since 2009. In 2014, she was elected as a full professor.
Her creative work includes the design of glass utility items and spatial art installations.
Her more important group exhibitions include Glass+A in Venice, 2014; Inspired by Nature in Hempel Museum in Denmark, 2013; Chroma-Culture in Bullseye Gallery in Portland, 2013; Glass in Context, 2012 and 2008, in Denmark; LuxEuropae2002 in Copenhagen.
In dialogue with the architecture of the Ljubljana Castle, she created the most notable solo exhibitions: Inside and Pointe, 2012; Dreams Gone By and The Moment After – Alina, 2011; and Whisperings, 1998; all of these were set up at the Ljubljana Castle.
She received two Red Dot Honorable Mention Awards for her design work, in 2008 and 2009; and in 2011, she was named designer of the year.
Tanja Pak’s work includes visiting studios and galleries around the world. Without these links, she cannot imagine her life and work. Professional trips are leaps into different regions and surroundings, in which she finds stimulations for her work. The visited places most valuable to her are, among others, the Corning Museum of Glass Studio, the Creative Glass Center of America, the Bullseye Research&Education Center and Pilchuck Glass School, while her professional trips in search of the light and vastness take her right to the far north of Norway and Scotland, to the deserts of New Mexico and Nevada and to other remote and special places around the world.
She lectures at international conferences on glass design and glass art. In the frame of inter-university exchanges, she lectured at the University of Washington in Seattle, 2014; National College of Art and Design in Dublin, 2013; and the University of Krakow, 2012.
Her works are published in international publications and are included in public or private collections.
She works in her studio in Ljubljana.
Gostovanja in nagrade 2008–2013 / izbor
- Creative Glass Center of America fellowship, NJ, ZDA, 2014
- Meduniverzitetna izmenjava profesorjev, University of Washington, 2014
- Corning Museum of Glass / The Studio, Artist in residence, 2014
- Artist Exchange Program, Bullseye R&E center, Portland, ZDA, vabljeno gostovanje in predavanje na mednarodni konferenci BeCon, 2013
- New Glass Review 35 (2014), 33 (2012) in 28 (2009); selekcija 100 najboljših del na področju stekla, Corning Museum of Glass, NY
- Vabljeno gostovanje Northlands Glass Center, Škotska, 2011 in New Mexico, ZDA, 2012
- Oblikovalec leta 2011, SI (Mesec Oblikovanja)
- Red Dot Honorable Mention Design Award 2009 in Red Dot Honorable Mention Design Award 2008
- Masterclass / James Carpenter, Bornholm, Danska, 2012
- Talents 2010 –vabljena na predstavitev na frankfurtskem sejmu Ambiente, 2010
- Emerging Artist in Residence, Pilchuck Glass School, Seattle, WA, USA, 2009.
MEDUNIVERZITETNE IZMENJAVE in GOSTOVANJA
- Meduniverzitetna izmenjava profesorjev, Washington University, Seattle, okt. 2014
- Erasmus meduniverzitetna izmenjava profesorjev, National College of Design, Dublin, Irska, okt. 2013
- Predavanje na simpoziju Glass Society of Ireland, Cork, nov.2013
- Meduniverzitetna izmenjava Ceepus, Krakow, Poljska, 2012
Samostojne razstave 2008–2013 / izbor
- A Walk in a Desert, Atelje Galerija, 2011–2012
- Znotraj / I held my breath but the world kept on dreaming, večmedijska prostorska postavitev stekla, Kazemate
- Pointé, prostorska postavitev, Peterokotni stolp, Ljubljanski grad, 2011–2012
- Odsanjanja, večmedijska prostorska postavitev stekla, Kazemate
- Hip zatem – Alina., prostorska postavitev, Peterokotni stolp, Ljubljanski grad, 2010–2011
Skupinske razstave 2008–2013 / izbor
- Vitraria Glass +A Museum, Benetke, It, 2014
- Chroma Culture, Bullseye Gallery, Portland, ZDA, 2013
- Inspired by Nature, Hempel Glass Museum, Danska, 2013
- European Glass Context 2012, Bornholm Art Museum, Danska, 2012 in European Glass Context 2008, Bornholm Art Museum, Danska, 2008
- Naključja II / Razstava slovenskih sodobnih umetnikov, Galerija Murska Sobota, SI, 2012
- Modern Art in Slovenia, European Central Bank, Frankfurt, Germany, 2011 – odkup v zbirko (In My World)
- Silent Revolutions – Contemporary Design in Slovenia, Moscow, RU , 2013 / Helsinki, FI in Milano, It, 2012, London, 2011