Tamara Trček Pečak was born in 1964 in Ljubljana. In 1989 she graduated at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design of the University of Ljubljana under prof. Emerik Bernard and prof. France Kokalj and obtained the title of academic painter. In 1991 she completed her Master’s degree at the same academy, in the postgraduate study of Conservation/Restoration under prof. France Kokalj. In the same year she won a 6-month British Council grant for the study of conservation/restoration at Newcastle Polytechnic – MA Conservation of Fine Art, England. In November and December of 1991 she attended, as a scholar of the Austrian Research Institute, professional training at Bundesdenkmalamt in Vienna.
In 1992–2007 she was employed as a conservator/restorer of paintings at the National Gallery in Ljubljana where she was, for the past 6 years, the Head of the Department for Conservation and Restoration. In 2002 she was elected as an assistant professor of restoration and since 2007 she has been employed by the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, while also lecturing on Art Techniques and Restoration at the Department for Art History at the Faculty of Arts. In 2010 she was elected as an associate professor of restoration at ALUO. She is a member of IO DRS, the Professional Committee of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia and the editorial board of the publication Protection of Monuments.
In an effort to raise the heritage awareness of the widest possible circle of people, she initiated, in 2000, and is still running the project Ajkec among the Restorers, including workshops presenting art through technological procedures, children’s books and films. In 2004 a series of ten TV shows about the creation, damage and restoration of works of art also called Ajkec among the Restorers, were co-produced by the National Gallery in Ljubljana and TV Slovenia, Children’s and Youth Programmes. Short versions of these shows were translated into English and shown on the TV around the world (so far in Turkey, Netherlands, Italy, Finland, Romania, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union and Latin American Broadcasting Association).
Tamara Trček Pečak was involved in editing and preparing both the teaching and documentary materials for the project Conservation and Restoration of the Paintings from the Snežnik Castle. She planned and managed the project Conversation/Restoration Transversal, within which she prepared together with colleagues and students the following exhibitions of the Department for Restoration: From Creation to Restoration (2008); Duccio, La Maesta – copies of details (2008); Investigating a Work of Art (2009); Cracks Unlock the Baroque (2010); Between Earth and Gold (2011).
- Höfler, Janez, Makuc Semion, Miladi, Trček Pečak, Tamara. Kristus na Oljski gori : poznogotska tabla s Koritnega nad Čadramom (Knjižnica Narodne galerije, Študijski zvezki, 7). Ljubljana: Narodna galerija, 2001.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara, Restavriranje, derestavriranje, rerestavriranje. V: Restavriranje slik Valentina Metzingerja, (Knjižnica Narodne galerije, Študijski zvezki, 6). Ljubljana: Narodna galerija, 2000, str. 40–44.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara. Utrinki iz arhivov. V: Konserviranje in restavriranje umetnin Mojstra HGG, (Knjižnica Narodne galerije, Študijski zvezki, 11). Ljubljana: Narodna galerija: ZVKD, Restavratorski center Republike Slovenije, 2004, str. 15–22.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara, Nemec, Ivo, Hirci, Andrej, De Gleria, Andreja, Kavkler, Katja. Materialna in tehnična plat slik Almanacha in njegovih sodobnikov. V: Almanach in slikarstvo druge polovice 17. stoletja na Kranjskem. Ljubljana: Založba ZRC, ZRC SAZU, 2005, str. 69–74.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara, Šeme, Blaž, Makuc Semion, Miladi. Med zemljo in zlatom = Between the Earth and Golds: Razstava Oddelka za restavratorstvo Akademije za likovno umetnost in oblikovanje: Ob 15. obletnici Oddelka za restavratorstvo. ALUO, 2011.
- Kos, Mateja, Lemajič, Gorazd, Trček Pečak, Tamara, Snoj, Saša. Grbovna plošča Eliasa Schlafferja iz Ulma: Narodni muzej Slovenije – Metelkova, od 25. maja 2009: vitrina meseca. Ljubljana: Narodni muzej Slovenije, 2009.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara, vodja projekta. Sledi do dediščine I., Razstava Oddelka za restavratorstvo Akademije za likovno umetnost in oblikovanje UL, Mestna hiša v Ljubljani, 2012.
- Trček Pečak, Tamara, vodja projekta. Sledi do dediščine II., Razstava Oddelka za restavratorstvo Akademije za likovno umetnost in oblikovanje UL, Mestna hiša v Ljubljani, 2013.